LEGIT LIT- The Lemonade War




This has been an incredible week for me and my students. With standardized testing behind us, we can now shift gears, and do things that make school memorable! We read Jacqueline Davies' book, The Lemonade War. I love this book and so do my students! Some students have even been inspired to create mini lemonade stand models.

Our read aloud time, is one of my absolute favorite times of the day. In most cases read alouds are done consistently in the primary grades, but it is just as important as students get older. My kids love getting comfortable on the carpet, and listening to me read. Teachers don't forget to read to your class. It models great fluency, and creates a special time for bonding. Our kids today are growing up too fast. Our days are going by too fast. Take some time, slow down, and read to your kids.
If you are looking for a great read aloud, this is the prefect book. Your students are bound to get into it.

I normally read a chapter at a time, but they are so hooked, that they demanded more. Click the video to see them demanding more of The LE-MON-ADE WAR!

No comments